6 Mar 2016

Week 29 of 365 Challenge Rock Week











Rock week was fun. 
I have a small wooden bowl of interesting little crystals that were just crying out to be photographed. As I still don't have a macro lens for my camera I shot this week exclusively with my Galaxy S3 mobile phone. It has a macro mode that allowed me to focus a bit closer than my camera. 

Mum bought a new larger dining suite this week too so she gave me her old small black table to use as a games table. At 90 x 90 cm it's the perfect size for card and board games and as it turns out, it was the perfect background for the pebbles.  

The top photo is all the pebbles in the wooden bowl.
The 2nd photo is of Mexican Lace Agate
The 3rd is of Barite or Desert Rose
The 4th pic is of a bowl of  pebbles and shells we have collected from various beaches over the years. Including some sea glass, Chalcedony, Carnelian, Quartz and some little grasses.
The 5th pic is of Amythest and Rose Quartz
The 6th is of Rainforest Rhyolite
The 7th is of a different type of Rhyolite

Next week's theme is Religious symbols/icons etc. Anything of a religious nature. 

Have a great week!


1 comment:

  1. I love rocks, gems, polished stones. Even as a young child, there was something about them that drew me. Lovely collection!

    ReplyDelete