9 Jan 2016

Week 18 of 365 Challenge Street Week









This week should have been night week but the weather scuppered me from taking any astro-photography shots unfortunately. Astro-photography is something I've been seeing facebook friends posting recently and I'd really like to give it a go. They mostly use 7.5mm Samyang/Rokinon lenses for this but I'm going to try using my 14-42mm lens (28-84mm equiv) as that's as wide as I've got. As soon as the weather improves I'll slot this theme back in.
This week I shot street instead. One thing I discovered doing this is that you have to get really close to people to take a frame filling shot of someone using a 35mm focal length lens. Much closer than I felt comfortable with so the only two people frame filling images I have are of a pirate and a piper in our local Christmas parade. All the rest were taken more sneakily from a greater distance. I think that I'd need to join a street photography group for outings to work on my confidence before I could comfortably work at 35mm, otherwise I'm thinking a short telephoto would be more my thing.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment